Moving to Asia? This continent has experienced a surprising economic and demographic growth over the past few years. Asia is considered to be a real haven for people that are looking for new opportunities and a new life. Relocating to Asia will also allow you to discover different nations, their lifestyles and enjoy an extraordinary quality of life. As the world’s biggest continent, including countries of a great size such as Japan and China, Asia represents a real blend of cultures and religions. Living in Asia is more attractive than it’s ever been. Having a home there is more realistic and affordable than ever, especially if you are making your relocation to Asia with Kokusai Express.
Is moving long distance affordable?
If you are relocating to Japan, you should know that this Asian country is the world’s third economic powerhouse. Japan is a key business and trade actor in Asia. It attracts people from all over the world in large numbers, including students and investors. If you wish to discover ancient cultures and traditions along with beautiful breathtaking landscapes, the “Land of the Rising Sun” may be the ideal place for you. No doubt, Japan provides job opportunities at all levels.
International moving is a big step in life. You probably took everything important into consideration before making a decision to move to Asia. This is especially important when moving to another continent. The matter of very different culture and completely different life should be on your mind. But, we are sure that none of you is moving internationally without thinking it over. So, once you decide that you are relocating to Asia, you would probably want to know the cost of the relocation.
The cost of relocation to Asia
Reading this article will let you know some of the most important factors when calculating the cost of international relocation. There are big differences in cost among different moving agencies. Get well the information and save your money!
How to calculate the cost of moving to Asia?
Everyone who moved ever in life knows how important it is to know the moving cost estimates. Even if you move locally, you wouldn’t like to waste your money because of not having the information about the moving cost. That’s why it is very important to calculate your relocation cost estimate for relocation to Asia!
Here are some factors you should consider:
- The cost of transportation- This size and the distance of your relocation determine the international shipping price
- Price for the packing and unpacking- If requiring help for this activity, you’ll need to pay for it
- Possible storage costs- In case the need arises, calculate the cost for the storage
- International moving insurance- Part of the cost of international relocation you shouldn’t avoid!
- Customs charge and the taxes- Inevitable cost when moving abroad
- Other costs- Such as the lawyer, the housing, potential visa required, etc.
Transportation cost of relocation to Asia
The price for the transportation depends on how many items you are moving with yourself, as well as how far are you moving. The longer the distance and the more items you bring, the more money you will need to pay. And you don’t want to spend all of your savings on the cost of this relocation. You need money for the beginning in Asia until you get settled. In addition, you can compare the price of using different kinds of transportation, and pick the most affordable. Besides that, the route is the factor that also matters. Choosing the longer route sometimes can mean lower costs.
Packing and unpacking costs
There are some cases when we suggest you to pack your items by yourself if there are no items requiring special abilities to pack. In those cases, choosing to pack by yourself will save your money. But if you’re bringing almost all of your belongings, we recommend getting professional assistance. Especially if some of them are very problematic to pack. Hire packers and movers to do the packing and unpacking instead of you. The matter of fact is that you’ll have to hire professional assistance with the packing when moving to certain countries in Asia. This is because some countries customs require professional movers to guarantee for the items they are transporting.
Moving insurance costs
There are different observation points for the moving insurance. Some say it’s essential, while others claim the possibility of something happening is no worth investing in the insurance. However, in case something happens, you will end up with your belongings seriously damaged. That is why it is better to pay for the insurance and have that kind of headaches prevented. Besides, the most of the shippers demand you to pay for the insurance, because they don’t want to take that big responsibility.
Customs costs and the taxes
This isn’t the fixed payment. In some countries in Asia, you won’t pay anything. While in others those costs can be significant and influence your moving costs to grow very much. What is the most common is that you’re charged based on the value of your belongings? That’s why you must find out the demanding of each country, wherever you might be moving, before the relocation. That way, you could calculate that kind of expense and be prepared for such a payment.
When it comes to moving long distance, it is recommended to leave it up to the expertise of professional movers. They will take charge of the entire removal process.
- Start preparing for your move about 3 months in advance. You may have to obtain visas, work permits, vaccination, or cancel services which require a notice period. Create a checklist of all things you need to do. After all, be well-organized. This will help the relocation to Asia goes more smoothly.
- Hire the right moving company. The decision to move to a country like Japan is a big one and not easy to make. You will definitely ask yourself plenty of questions and do a lot of research. The best solution is to hire a professional moving company Japan that meets your needs.
- Sort through your belongings. Choose which items you would like to bring along to Asia and which ones you prefer to leave behind. You can leave them with a friend or in a storage unit. Seek advice: it might cost less to buy goods in Asia instead of bringing over all your belongings.