Shipping items overseas is not an easy and simple task, plus when you need to pack and ship sensitive and fragile items, that can be even more complicated. Items must be packed properly to avoid damages and breaks. Shipping fragile items internationally can be doubting, but if you are moving to another country or you need to send goods to your customers, damages and mistakes should be minimal, or – not existing.
Where to start, how to move items, what company to choose, how to pick a moving company, etc. There are so many questions that need to be answered, and this is why we have created this guide. If you need tips, continue to read and be fully prepared before you make any steps.
Shipping fragile items internationally – tips and tricks
If you have a retail business and need to ship goods to customers overseas or moving overseas, packing and moving items is part of the process. Moving overseas is stressful, even if you are not moving and you are just doing your business, your customers need to be satisfied with your service. So, be fully prepared and know how to do it properly.
Packing materials you will need
The first step is to collect all the packing supplies you will need. When it comes to shipping fragile items internationally, packing materials are the key to avoid damages. This is the list of packing supplies and equipment you will need.
- Packing tape that is strong and wide enough. A strong tape will secure all your boxes.
- Properly sized boxes that are not too big or too small.
- Air bubble foil to wrap all your fragile items enough times.
- Airbags to fill empty spaces in the box or packing peanuts.
- Crumpled craft paper is also a good material to fill up empty spaces.
How to pack and protect items
Now, one of the most important steps is to pack your fragile items properly because they will be traveling for a long time. In this case, you have two main options – to pack items by yourself to look for the help of experts to avoid possible damage. If you don#t have any experience yet with packing and shipping fragile items overseas, you should ask professionals for help.
If you choose to pack all your items by yourself then, search for international moving tips and be organized.
- When shipping fragile items internationally you must carefully wrap an item in a bubble airfoil.
- Don’t use old moving boxes because you need firm and strong boxes that can survive the process.
- Fill the bottom of the box with packing peanuts or other soft material you have.
- Choose a moving box that is slightly bigger than your item so you can fill up space with soft packing materials.
- Place your fragile item in the center of the box, carefully.
- Close the box and tape it, but make sure to label the box on the top and on (at least) one side of the box FRAGILE. So, anyone that will carry and hold the box will know to take special care.
Don’t save on boxes
Don’t skimp on moving boxes, padding, or air bubble foil because if you make this mistake, your fragile item may be damaged. That is definitely not the goal.
Check the weight of boxes
The cost of your shipping will depend on the size and weight of your boxes. Also, there are some limits when it comes to shipping. For example, transport is the easiest and fastest when done by air but you can ship fewer items than if you ship it via sea.
Choose a trustworhy shipping and moving company
The entire process cannot be done without a proper shipping company. Research companies online and ask for recommendations, and choose a company with a long experience. Four Winds Bahrain is one of the options since they are long in this business and they have developed a network.
If you have a business and you need to ship items frequently, sign a contract with a company but choose them wisely. If youa re satisfied with the service, don’t change your partner.
How to ship fragile items overseas?
As a conclusion, how to ship fragile items overseas and what are the most important steps to remember. Besides calculating the costs of international relocation there are some other things to pay attention to.
- Carefully pack the objest and check everything twice. You should shake a box before you ship it. If there is anything that move around in the box, add more packing materials inside.
- Research couriers that have experience and knowledge about shiping items to anohter continent.
- Obtain shipping insurance, just in case, because abything can happen to your fragile items during the shipping.
- Schedule a pickup for your package – or there is anohter option – to drop it off at the courier location. It depends on the size of your items and the courier.
As you can see, shipping fragile items internationally do not have to be that hard. With some simple tips and the right partner on your side, you can send a vase, TV, glass, or anything to else to another side of the Earth. Also, you can choose between shipping via sea or air. It depends on your budget, the size of the item and how fast you need to ship items. No matter are you moving or just shipping goods, the goal is to send your fragile items safely without any damages.