Moving with a family is not a simple thing to do. You are not responsible only for yourself, but you need to take into consideration a lot of things. If you have chosen Hollis in New Hampshire to be your future home, then explore Hollis and learn as much as you can about this place.
Things to know about Hollis, New Hampshire
To prepare for moving it is not enough just to pack and move. Especially not when moving with kids. You need to know where you are moving and what a future home can offer you.
Hollis is located in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire with a population of about 8,000. So, it is a small neighborhood perfect for families because the public schools are highly rated (it has 4 public schools and 2 private schools), the crime rate is low, homes are relatively affordable, it has a lot of parks, and it is quiet. Moving to a neighborhood that is perfect for kids will make the relocation easier.
Most (92%) people own a home here and the median home price is $465,000. If you live here, you already know this and know it is time just to look for a new, different home. Luckily for you, Hollis has plenty of big family houses where you kiss can play, and grow. Only 8% of residents are renting, and the median rent per month is $1,550.
The job market is also strong, as well as the economy. The median household income is $130,000 and the national average is around $55,000. Also, the unemployment rate is very low, only 2.6%.
If you want to raise your kids in Hollis, that may be a great idea. If you already live here and you want to move to a bigger house, locals can easily transport your belongings. Deciding to stay in Hollis does not mean you should not explore it more. There is always a place to expand your knowledge
The weather is also nice in Hollis – your kids will experience all 4 seasons – cold and snowy winter, and hot summers. June, August, and July are the most pleasant month here (July is the hottest month). As a family, you can be active and spend a lot of time outside, playing, and exploring.
Moving to Hollis
Moving long-distance with your kids can be a very stressful task. This is why you should have professional movers by your side to help you out. Hire a company with experience, license, and insurance. New Hampshire is not a big state, but still, it is not easy to move from one city to another while kids are running around. Contact movers and ask if every part of New Hampshire is covered and ask for an in-home moving estimate so you can be prepared financially too.
Tips for moving with a family
Besides hiring a moving company to help you move, there are some other things to know when moving with a family. Preferred Movers may be able to help you transport all your household belongings, but, moving is much more complexed. Be organized and know how to move with kids.
- Coordinate the moving plans with your family and notify them in advance about relocation to Hollis or about moving to a different house in Hollis. Work together as a team, and you will be more organized and also, you will be finished faster.
- Include kids in the moving process, no matter how old they are. Even toddlers can help by packing their toys. It is not about helping, but this will make them feel like part of the team, which is important.
- Make a game from moving and make it fun. Who will pack faster, or who will find an item, etc. Your kids will love it and they will want to help you.
- Choose the best period for a family relocation. In most cases, it is a period when kids are not in school, during summer vacation. Also, keep in mind that during the summer, you can explore Hollis because the weather is amazing.
- Don’t forget to pack an essential moving box for the entire family, it is a box that will be opened on a moving day and after moving too. Pack toys, bed sheets, toiletries, snacks, water, clothing, etc.
- Before moving into a new home, make sure utilities are set up – electricity, water, and the internet too. You don’t want to spend your first night without light or to spend a night in a cold house.
Explore Hollis – best things to do in Hollis, NH
To get a clear picture of what Hollis can offer and what can you do after moving there, you should make a list of places to visit. Moving house cause depression and exploring new places can be very helpful. Yes, it does not have nightclubs and it is not crowded, but still, it has attractions you should visit with your family.
- Fulchino Vineyard
- Lull Farm
- Hollis Flea Market
- Brookdale Fruit Farm
- Beaver Brook Reservation
- Silver Lake State Park
- Northeast Fly Fishing School
- The Overlook Golf Park
Boston, Worcester, and Manchester are cities that are near Hollis, you whenever you feel bored, you can always go to a big city and have fun. Explore Hollis and places near Hollis too. You won’t regret it, even if you spend a day in nature, walking and enjoying the view.