Boca Raton is a town, located southern from Miami, Florida, and it is one of the best places to live in Palm Beach County. It has a population of almost 100k and people are friendly and welcoming. If you are considering moving in Boca Raton this year, be ready, and know from where to start when it comes to moving preparations.
Boca Raton is a place for young professionals and retirees too. The median age of residents is 47 years. The costs of living here are about 18% higher than the Florida average and the main reason for that is housing prices. If you want to buy a home in Boca Raton, the median home price is $430,000, while rent per month is $1,600. To save more money for rent and other bills, you can find ways to cut moving costs.
Why are people moving in Boca Raton, FL?
What are the pros of living in Boca Raton and why are people moving here? What this small town near Miami can offer to its residents? If you are having doubts about moving here for good, these facts may help you with making a decision.
- Education in Boca Raton is highly rated, so if you are moving with kids, they will have access to great schools. Boca Raton is home to 4 colleges and many preschools and middle schools.
- Southern Florida is a paradise for foodies, and Boca Raton is included too. You will get an enjoyable meal with great service, just name a cuisine. Chinese, Cuban, American, Mexican, Greek, Japanese, etc.
- It is not a small town, but you will have a feeling of living in a small town. People are friendly, they know each other, it is quiet and welcoming.
- Beaches are amazing, with white sand and clear ocean water, it is a vacation 24/7.
- Many people are moving in Boca Raton because of its wonderful weather. Days are hot and sunny, and if you love spending time outside, it is a perfect location for you. Tropical weather attracts snowbirds too. If you are moving locally in Florida, you already know what we are talking about.
- Boca Raton has senior communities and they are active every day. You should consider moving here after retirement.
- There are many entertainment options, bars, and restaurants where you can spend your free time.
- The crime rate is very low, and this is why many young families with kids want to move here.
Best neighborhoods in Boca Raton
Part of moving preparations is to choose a place where to move. Boca Raton has several neighborhoods you should visit before making the final choice. It depends on your priorities and lifestyle, but some of the best neighborhoods here are:
- Clint Moore Rd/Jorg Rd
- N Ocean Blvd/Lake Wyman Rd
- Highland Beach Town Center
- Bel Marra/Boca Harbour
- Lake Rogers Isle/Blue Inlet
Moving to any part of this great city will be less stressful if you explore a place before relocation and you will adjust faster after moving too.
How to relocate – moving tips and tricks
Now it is time to organize your relocation and to pack your bags. How to move with ease like a pro to Boca Raton, Florida? Even if you are not moving for the first time, having a guide will be very helpful and handy.
Create a moving checklist
By creating a moving checklist you will save, time, money, and energy too. This won’t take you too much time, because you can download a moving checklist online, or if you prefer it more, create it by yourself.
It is a to-do list and it should include all the tasks you need to finish before moving to Boca Raton and after moving there. Moving is stressful, and a moving guide to follow will be very helpful.
Take inventory of your items
Make a list of all the things you will pack and relocate. If something is missing, you will know exactly what it is, and you will be more organized when moving.
Book a moving company
For moving stressless, fast, and easy to Boca Raton – no matter is it local or long-distance move, having a professional moving company is a key. Search for a licensed, insured, and experienced mover who is familiar with this area. By hiring Harmony Relocation Group, your move will be easier since they are from Boca Raton and they are a company of experienced movers.
But, choose a couple of moving companies and then choose the best of them by comparing their services and prices. Calculate your moving costs and know what services you want to hire.
Set a moving budget
It is possible to move to Florida and save money if you organize your finances, and calculate moving costs in advance. Get an in-home moving estimate from a couple of movers and then calculate other fees, such as travel costs, storage, rent, etc. Set your budget for moving and even if it is not large, you can cut some of the moving costs and be creative.
Start packing on time
Packing takes most of the time when moving, especially if you are moving with kids.
- Get the right packing material such as boxes, air bubble foil, packing peanuts, tape, moving blankets…
- Declutter before packing and separate items you want to move and toss.
- Ask for help, your family or hire professionals packers if you don’t have time to pack or don’t know how.
- Label every box after packing it.
- If you are moving in the budget, try to organize a garage sale before moving and sell the items you don’t use anymore. This way you will earn money and also save on moving.
- Pack an essential moving box.
Change your address, transfer medical records, kids’ school records, change your address on ID, etc. Keep all your documents in the same file and keep that box with you when moving in Boca Raton.