Moving to Kuwait is an exciting and brave choice. But, it needs careful research and planning. Also, the customs process is both difficult and complex. So, to make the relocation process easier for you, here are 5 most common questions about Kuwait customs regulations.
Moving to Kuwait can become difficult. But, especially if you don’t know the customs regulation details. So, with learning how to organize your moving to Kuwait, get to know the county customs regulation.
Moving internationally is a complicated task. It requires research, preparation, and learning the customs regulation. So, asking professionals is the best option. But, before you hire a moving company, you need to be sure you can trust them. Find the movers that have a qualification, experience, and good knowledge about the customs process of Kuwait. Also, conducting a thorough background check on any potential movers. It will help you avoid an international moving mistake.
Now, let’s being with the list of the 5 most common questions about Kuwait customs regulations.
What documents do you need for entry? – One of the most common questions about Kuwait customs regulations
Many necessary documents are required to effectively clear customs and secure permanent residency when moving to Kuwait. So, when you’re moving to Kuwait with the help of Easy Move KW, prepare these documents.
- You need a passport, visa, and residence permit.
- Temporary Import License.
- No objection certificate.
- Bill of lading.
- Inventory list and inventory in Arabic.
- Prepare invoices and certificate of origin.
- You’ll need an authorization letter in Arabic.
- Copy of Civil ID.
- Power of Attorney.
What do I need to know about shipping regulations?
When relocating to Kuwait, there are regulations for the import of personal and household items. So, make sure you know them:
- It’s required for the customer’s presence for customs clearance.
- All shipments are going to be inspected.
- Personal items are duty-free if you come by air.
- Household items are subject to a duty of 5% CIF value.
- You must mail documents for ocean shipments to Destination Agent at least a week before the arrival.
- For air shipments, documents need to arrive 48 hours in advance.
What are forbidden items in Kuwait?
In Kuwait, the next items are prohibited. So, you can’t import them under any circumstances. Those are:
- Pork and its products.
- Alcohol and its making kits.
- Illegal drugs.
- Gambling devices, playing cards, and games of chance.
- Firearms, and ammunition.
- Weaponry. Also, you can’t import decorative swords and daggers.
- Ivory products.
- Anything that’s Israeli origin.
- Pornographic material.
- Radio transmitter.
What about motor vehicle Kuwait customs regulations?
If you are planning on working and getting a job in Kuwait City you’ll probably need a car. But, how can you ship your car? Well, to send your vehicle to Kuwait, you’ll need the services of international vehicle carriers. They know auto shipping laws and customs regulations. The process is very complex so it’s best to hire help.
Can I move with my pet?
This is also one of the 5 most common questions about Kuwait customs regulations. Pets are a part of the family. Therefore, you’ll want to ensure your pet will clear customs. But, there are some terms when it comes to crossing the border with your pet. So, make sure you learn more about this if you want to perform a successful international relocation with your pet.